Friday, February 13, 2009

joy

Happiness is that sense of warmth that begins at the core of the soul, spreads to the heart, and radiates outward from the eyes and lips of those who know it. The gift of happiness is elusive, but tangible.

You don't find happiness, you make happiness.

Recently, a person I know made a list of all the things that bring her happiness. So I thought I should make one too. Here it is:

  • Creating crafts for loved ones.
  • Painting from imagination
  • Getting inspired through art
  • meeting a long lost friend
  • sketching a portrait of a person I’m talking to
  • waking up to flawless skin
  • receiving a sincere compliment
  • a goodnight message from loved one
  • Finding a readable blog
  • Wearing a peachy blush
  • Dancing in the privacy of my own room
  • Having my sense of humor appreciated
  • Watching a chic lit movie with a awesome wardrobe
  • Finishing a very engaging novel
  • Waking up in the afternoon
  • Finishing a semester
  • Fridays
  • Last day of exams
  • Tom Kha soup(a milky tom yum)
  • Design blogs
  • Discovering something quirky about a person
  • Victory in an argument
  • Forgiving
  • Comedies
  • Happy Endings
  • Dreaming about my wedding(if I even get to have one)
  • An lazy afternoon nap
  • Meeting someone with the similar taste
  • Dressing up for a big event
  • Rainy days with non-stop texting
  • Remembering the innocent, pure joy of my first romance
  • Driving at high speed in an empty highway
  • Discover that I wore it before it became a trend
  • Nude lipstick
  • Vintage ads
  • Having the most wonderful caring mother in the world
  • Gaining independence
  • Planning my room deco
  • Getting immersed in an ikea catalog
  • Visiting ikea with mum and discussing ideas
  • Wearing pearls and diamonds
  • Finding something dirt cheap that looks like a thousand bucks
  • Donating cash/clothes/etc for under privileged children
  • Eating pizza with extra tomato sauce and chilli flakes
  • Hot and spicy chicken wings
  • Feeling grateful for the people in my life right now
  • Wearing big bold flowery prints
  • Reading poetry
  • Making an A grade
  • Life-planning
  • Polyvore
  • Expressing my creativity to others
  • Water fights during my childhood
  • Snakes and ladders,checkers and old-maid too
  • Remembering dying barbie’s hair pink in the sink with buncho paint.
  • Contagious laughter
  • Telling stories to my little cousins and having hem listen attentively
  • Buying last month’s Vogue and Elle at half price
  • Riding the swing till its half way up
  • Hearing a song that suit my moods
  • Reminiscing digging out kittens from their tunnels and waiting for hours till they come out
  • Having the cat/kitten recognize me and get familiar with me
  • Choosing at the same things coincidentally with my cousin
  • Gold eye shadow and falsies
  • Hearing a corny old song that I haven’t heard for ages.
  • Have someone come to me during their hard times
  • Giving advice to troubled souls-haha
  • Intimidating your ex’s new gf (it hasn’t happened)
  • when I pray for justice
  • biking with my sis around the campus
  • baking a good cake with pretty icing
  • have my paintings hung up on the walls of the living room
  • making funny faces
  • saving up my own money and spending it
  • just saving for a raining day
  • having someone accept me for the disaster I am
  • sitting in a cafĂ©, just blabbering on for hours with an old friend
  • shopping alone
  • creating a new facebook photo album
  • buying fresh flowers and arranging them in a pretty vase
  • a buffet dinner at a lush hotel after starving for the whole day

No comments:

Post a Comment